Official Name: Sultanate of Oman
Flag: (tricolor) and National Emblem (in the center).
- White: symbol of peace
- Red: represdnts the heroic battles of the OmanI.
- Green: symbol of fertility and agriculture
- 2 crossed swords and a traditional dagger (khanjar)
Language: Arab (English is frequently spoken).
Religion: Islamic moderate (predominantly ibadis muslims)
Population (2.015): 4.159.102 (56% omani and 44% foreigners)
Climate: 2 seasons (Hot: May to September and Wet: October to April), dry environment inside and humid on the coast and little rainfall except for the Dhofar region in the monsoon or khareef (June to September) is a green oasis.
Geography: with an area of 309,500 km², within the Arabian Peninsula (southwestern of Asia), bordering United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and the Arabian Sea.
Legal System: Monarchy
- Head of State: Sultán Qaboos Bin Said
- Consultative Council: (Majlis ash-Shura) or Lower Chamber (84 members are elected by popular vote)
- Council of State:(Majlis al-Dawla) or Upper Chamber (59 members are selected directly by the Sultan)
- Judicial Power: Sharia (Islamic Law) and Common Law (English)
Organization (Administrative Divisions):
- Governorates(11): Muscat, Musandam, Al-Buraymi, Al-Batinah North, Al-Batinah South, Al-Dhahirah , Al-Dakhliyah, Al-Shariqiyah Norte, Al-Shariqiyah Sur, Al-Wusta, Dhofar
- Provinces (wilayats) (61)