If you observe the map of Oman, you will see that with more than 1700 km of coast line and its situation in front of the Arabian Sea and the Gulf of Oman, it´s regarded as a perfect place to dive not overly crowded.
Places for diving:
- Musandam: North Cliffs (near Khasab)
- Muscat: There are many key places for diving in the islands of Fahal Al Sawadi, Daymaniyat, Bandar Khyran and Sifah
- Al Wusta: in Al Khaluf and Ad Duqm
- Dhofar: Mirbat and Al-Hallaniyah Islands
- Ocean life: whales, mular dolphins, turtles, sharks, manta ray, lobsters, octopus and typical reef fish.
- Coral: in perfect condition.
- Visibility: excelent
- Temperature: 22ºC
- Depth: not deep (between 10 m. and 30 m.)
- Currents: generally calm (except in Musandam)
- Difficulty: all levels
- North (Muscat, Musandam,…): from April to September.
- South (Dhofar): from November to May
- Euro-Divers: in Bandar Al Rowda
- Extra-Divers: in Musandam, Qantab, MIrbat
- Oman Dive Center: in Muscat
- SeaOman: in Millenium Resort
- Global Scuba: in Civil Aviation Club